A. Video - What is Social Media? (2)
Black Box Social Media
Sep 3, 2011
3 views, 1 like
May 26, 2011
5 views, 1 like
B. Consulting Reports (9)
It's free, but requires registration before download.
MIT Sloan Managemetn Review & Deloitte
Jul 14, 2014
17 views, 1 like
Very good report - 184 pages PDF - free download
McKinsey & Company
Jul 1, 2012
46 views, 1 like
Nov 1, 2011
17 views, 1 like
C. B2B Companies - Good Examples
D. B2B Companies - Competitors
- Evonik: [website]
- Arkema: [website]
- Kuraray: [website] [website]
- Lucite (under MRC group): [website]
E. Sample Content Hubs - B2B
- American Express OPEN Forum - Launched six years ago, the OPEN forum by American Express is one of the oldest examples of social content marketing. All the content is aimed at issues faced by SME businesses, and there is a very established network of other business owners who you can tap into for peer advice.
- Intel IQ - Intel curates content on the topics of technology, media, life and the planet. They combine featured stories, trending stories and social content that uses the #IQ hashtag. The content hub is optimized for social sharing and is updated with content frequently.
- Content Loop from Cap Gemini - This site uses licensed content from big-name publishers. The content is posted into LinkedIn groups for distribution. When someone clicks on the link in LinkedIn, it takes them through to this site where the article is hosted. Visitors are invited to follow the Content Loop on Linkedin, are given access to further thought leadership content and are invited to connect directly with Cap Gemini consultants.
- Real Business from Xerox - Xerox started small, with a hub focused on healthcare. The quality of their content soon developed a substantial following in the healthcare community, and convinced Xerox to expand the offering into other areas of their business focus. The expanded hub - Real Business - shows how an editorial direction can effectively be driven by a brand's value proposition.
- Business Innovation from SAP - SAP's content hub has gravitas. This is their mission statement: SAP Business Innovation’s mission is to help executives develop a deeper understanding of the trends affecting the future of business through fact-based executive research, supplemented by the latest thinking from expert bloggers. It's clearly aimed at answering early-stage search questions for its audience and the design has clear calls to action for site conversion.
The OPEN forum is now the main source for inbound leads for their small business card. Through steady investment in growth, they have shown an ROI over time.
- Video - Crowdsourcing and Crowdfunding Explained
- My Starbucks Idea
- Proctor & Gamble’s “Connect + Develop” initiative
- Dell Ideastorm
- SAP Co-Innovation Lab (COIL)